Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

777 Challenge

Ashlee Willis posted:
The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 lines in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress.

I've decided to participate! 
So, here are the current seven lines from the seventh page of True Hearts. I'm still adding scenes and tweaking other scenes so that the new scenes fit, so these may be subject to change.

“Perfect.”
The dragon’s glad roar cracked stone.    

[Scene break]

He groaned.
Cold stone met his palms and something slick clung to his face.
Robby spat fire into his hand and rubbed furiously at the grime. It almost seemed to shriek before shriveling to a black husk.
The wooden door of his cell would have been easy enough to reduce to cinders had it not been for the location:
The dungeon.

Comment, and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I like that beginning. But it leaves me wondering: what happened?

    ReplyDelete

Keep your comments friendly and clean, please!
My definition of friendly: nothing slanderous or hateful.
My definition of clean: no cursing, nothing lewd.
Any comments that don't fit these descriptions will be slain with due malice and fed to either the various creatures trapped in the deep, or a Sarlacc. ;)