Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

General Update

Okay, I've been meaning to write something up for a little while now, but both time and thought have gotten away from me, I guess. :P

So, about the things that have been keeping me occupied:
Trouble in Bookland, my current WIP. I'm going through edits right now, working on compiling (I like the options on Scrivener, but do there have to be so many?!), I have a  cover designed (thanks C.B. :) ), and am set to have Part One published sometime within the next week or so.

The blurb:
---
Linda has been invited to the Isle of Authors. Amazing; she, a 12 year old Writer, who hasn’t written much beyond uncompleted short stories, gets to visit the land of Dreams!
The Board of Authors, rulers of the land of Dreams, want her to visit a Patch--Bookland. The former Writer of the Patch was Rejected for founding the world on revenge, and the Patch was put on hold until a suitable Writer could be found to take over and finish the story. Now it’s active, and they can’t go in themselves to find out who is controlling it. And the Patch is spreading beyond its boundaries, eating away at the neighboring Patches.

Linda must discover who it is, and stop him or her, before the entire Patchwork, and all the life within it, is destroyed.
---

I've also been working on a different blog, where I plan to have a bit more diversity in subject matter. Possibly. This is a work in progress. :P
If I do end up using it, I'll be keeping this blog solely for short stories (since that's what this has sort of turned into anyways). Later, I may include fangirl-ish book reviews, but I hardly ever get around to writing those...

Pintrest. The bane and helpmate of writers. So many prompts, ideas, tips...and distractions. :P You can find my account and boards, including an inspiration board for TIB, here.

In addition to all of this, there have been books, snow--for the first time in years!--and new board games that have claimed my attention. ;)

The Serial Stories shall be continuing as normal, and I shall post a link to the new blog when it's finished and I'm ready to start posting.

That's all for now. Have a happy New Year's Eve! :D

2 comments:

  1. *excited about new blog* Yay!!! And also, I went to visit my grandparents, and they had snow, so we were able to build a six-foot snowman! And Olaf. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A six foot snowman? That's awesome! :D
      And a six foot Olaf, or in addition to the six footer, you were able to build Olaf? ;)

      Delete

Keep your comments friendly and clean, please!
My definition of friendly: nothing slanderous or hateful.
My definition of clean: no cursing, nothing lewd.
Any comments that don't fit these descriptions will be slain with due malice and fed to either the various creatures trapped in the deep, or a Sarlacc. ;)