Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Miscellany happenings



What's been happening lately...
I've been terrible at presenting an organized format of updates, so here we go: first attempt. :)

Disney Pixar disney pixar disney gif pixar gif
From giphy.com
Writing
  • Check out this post for an update on Trouble in Bookland
  • I've been attempting an entry for the Song to Story Challenge (the song I'm using: Holding Out for a Hero by Bonnie Tyler)
  • I had about 20 parts of "Scarlet Experiment" done, then went through to edit. A few scene rearrangements turned into a major overhaul. The major overhaul may also include POV change from Scarlet (the female MC) to a character that is [highlight for spoiler] the social equivalent of her husband. *makes faces at difficult characters*
Pets and Life
  • Our guinea pigs...fluffy and adorable to the last...one passed a couple months ago (I suspect it was URI), and the other a couple weeks ago (possibly a combo of malocclusion and intestinal problems) :'(
  • Dog just had her 12th birthday! :D
  • The bird...well, she's had one or two concussions over the years. I guess she's doing as well as she can be.
  • Hoo, boy, uh...family visits, attempted renovation of a part of the house...
  • My first job interview. I'll know in a week if I get the job. 0_0 EDIT: Uh, never mind, I got the job, I'm to show up on Monday for some things, and ugh I just told my future boss "ditto" over the phone... *headdesk*
  • Family birthdays! Dad and I are this month. I'll be nineteen. *realizes what I just said* I'M ALMOST TWENTY AGGGGGGGGHHHHH.
  • Assignment from sensei: take two or three techniques and put them together smoothly. It's a lot harder than it sounds.
Various
  • You Write Fiction. It has a series called, "The Writer's Life According to..." and they're hilarious. XD My favorite is the Toy Story one. There are also periodical tips and general observations about writerly things that I have been finding helpful.
  • I'm kicking around the idea of getting things for my family instead of them getting something for me for my birthday (Hobbit-style ;)). In accordance with that, it's my plan to offer both parts of Trouble in Bookland (with the extended ending for Pt. 2) for free from the 14th-20th.
  • Little brother has read more in the past 2 weeks than he has his whole life. He's devouring the Wingfeather Saga. Next step...Redwall. *bookworm cackle*
  • I have a notebook I carry around with me for the purpose of collecting plot bunnies, names, titles, and new words. I've had it for less than a year. I'm utilizing both sides (one for names, etc., the other for the bunnehs), and it's almost full.
  • My sibs watched The Fellowship of the Ring, and they don't want to watch the rest of the trilogy until we can watch them all at once. So now we have to pick a date and have a marathon. XD
  • Animal Crossing. You get to decorate your house, work your way out of debt, talk with animals, design your own clothing, color cat's faces...they need more games like that.
  • I'm hoping to get my driver's license in the near future. And assuage mom's fears about my driving (I totally freaked out the one time she rode with me... :P).
So that's what I've been up to lately. Oh, and I just realized I've never given our pet's names.
Guinea Pigs <3: Sunny and Brownie.
Doggy: Liberty.
Bird: Zia.
What've you been up to? Any exciting plans for the year? Let me know in the comments! :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a good time, with the exception of the guinea pigs. Sorry about that. :( But congrats and best of luck on your first job, and happy (early? late?) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup!

      And it's early birthday (well, late now, but when you posted it was early :P). Thanks! :D

      Delete

Keep your comments friendly and clean, please!
My definition of friendly: nothing slanderous or hateful.
My definition of clean: no cursing, nothing lewd.
Any comments that don't fit these descriptions will be slain with due malice and fed to either the various creatures trapped in the deep, or a Sarlacc. ;)