- I recently did a post on Tales From a Modern Bard, for the Song to Story challenge. Here it is, though I apologize for the vagueness and hasty editing...it has since been going through world-building and is (I think) clearer. Hoping to get around to posting that sometime...
- Also hoping to get a Character Encounters post written up, possibly before the end of the day. It'll be short, but it'll be done. :P
- As always, check out here for updates on TiB.
- Hoping to participate in the next challenge on Tales From a Modern Bard: Winter Writing Challenge.
- Oh, and Nanowrimo. Almost forgot about that...again, hoping/longing to participate, but as of now I have no idea what story I'd want to try to hash out that month. Because, you know, I've got a million and one...
- Convoluted Chronicles, if any readers remember, is undergoing some serious worldbuilding revamp. A few things have changed, some of which I'm going to include in the above-mentioned Character Encounter.
Pets and life
- Not much new with Liberty and Zia; Liberty tries to steal the bird food, and Zia either watches or tries to bite Liberty's legs. :P
- My uncle is staying with us for a week. We play board games, share our favorite Youtube videos with him (can't wait to introduce him to Studio C! XD), and generally have fun.
- I'm settling in to work, and there's this one Norse guy who likes to talk about myths and legends and things, so that's cool. And another guy has an electric unicycle. What even. It's pretty cool, and I tried riding it, but couldn't even stand without almost face-planting, so... XD
- Oh, just watched Captain America: Civil War. It was okay, I guess, but it didn't live up to my expectations. The beginning was like, "Bang! Pow! EXPLOSIONS. Whoa, camera guy, what are we...oh, we're over there...no, there, wait, what...oh, they're still fighting..." And what was up with the scene transitions??? There's all the cool (sometimes overboard) CGI, then it was, "Copy/paste basic font over sky scene" instead of smooth transitions. There were a few other things (WHY DID THEY RUIN AUNT MAY??!), but this bullet point is getting kind of long. So I'll just say one last thing: The feels at the end. They nailed that.
- A Kindle Fire. I got one. *is totally calm, cool, collected and not at all squealing because of all the books I can now finish reading* I must write a thank-you note to the person I got it from (whom I hardly know, btw; this is just crazy-awesome).
- Erm, I haven't had time for much else.